by Nikki Culver on November 03, 2023
This Brick Holiday Turkey is an easy and delicious recipe to make in your wood-fired oven now that the weather is cooling off.
- 1 turkey
- 1 large white onion
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small bundle fresh thyme
- 1 small bundle fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the turkey with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cut onion and lemon in half, placing them inside the cavity of the bird with garlic and fresh herbs.
- Place the bird on an elevated roasting rack breast side down.
- When the skin on the topside of the bird has been sufficiently browned, flip it over and put back in the oven.
- Once the breast side has turned a golden crispy brown, cover the entire turkey with foil.
- Continue roasting until you reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees between the leg and thigh.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Watch us make it here: