Apple, Gruyere and Mushroom Bites
by Nikki Culver on November 16, 2023
This recipe for Apple, Gruyere and Mushroom puff pastry bites is delicious and easy to make in your wood-fired oven, perfect for those winter holiday parties!
- Grated Grueyere
- Egg wash
- Olive Oil
- Puff Pastry
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the apples, onions and mushrooms, then place them all into a cast iron skillet with butter and some sugar.
- Place the skillet directly in the oven, allowing them to cook until tender.
- Add half the grated cheese, chives, and thyme to the cooked mixture.
- Slice the puff pastry into nine equal pieces and then transfer to an oiled baking tray.
- Brush each piece of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Place a scoop of the apple, onion and mushroom mixture in the center of each piece of puff pastry, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Add the tray to the oven, allowing the pastry to bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
Watch us make it here: