- Preheat your wood-fired oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat buttermilk and egg in small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- Mix in blueberries, sugar and orange rind.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir until soft dough forms.
- Using your hands, form dough into a large ball and place on floured surface.
- Knead about 10 times. Pat into a lightly buttered wedged cast iron skillet to make 8 scones.
- Bake scones for 15-20 minutes.
- While still warm, brush with butter and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.