Wood Fired Caramelized Roasted Carrots
Carrots (10 medium peeled)
Olive Oil (2 Tbls)
Thyme (1 Tbl fresh leaves)
Cumin Seeds (1 tsp)
Coriander Seeds (1/2 tsp lightly toasted)
Butter, unsalted (2 Tbl room temperature)
Tumeric (1/2 tsp)
Chili Powder (1/2 tsp)
Mint, fresh (2-3 Tbl chopped)
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise and crosswise. (Show one or two on camera?) Put all prepped carrots into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil, salt/pepper, and thyme. Mix thoroughly.
- Put on baking pan and roast in oven for 20-25 min until slightly caramelized and tender.
- While carrots are in the oven, put cumin seeds and coriander seeds in the mortar and pestle and grind. Add the soft butter, turmeric and chili powder. Stir until mixed.
- Remove carrots from the oven and add the butter mixture and mix. Put into the serving platter and sprinkle the mint on top.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.