Whether it's a casual gathering or formal celebration, this quiche recipe is sure to impress; it's simple to make, easy to modify, and (most importantly) delicious! While you can certainly make this in a conventional home oven, we prefer to make ours in a wood-fired oven.Ingredients:
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup Gruyere, grated
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Toppings of your choice (we used caramelized onions, bacon, broccoli, and tomatoes)
If you're using a wood-fired oven as we did, it is very important to check the temperature of your oven before getting started. Since some ovens take longer to cool off than others, you will need to make sure the temperature isn't too far over or under 400 F. If it is too hot, allow a few minutes for it to cool down with the door open; if it is too cold, you may want to build a small fire, just enough to bring the temperature up, but be sure to remove the fire before baking!
- Fire oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk eggs together with the milk and cream; season with salt & pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Place your toppings inside of the pie crust.
- Pour the egg mixture over the toppings and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes with the insulated door in place, until the crust is golden brown and the center of the quiche is no longer liquid.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.