Pizza dough • 1 x Small butternut squash or pumpkin • 2 x Garlic cloves • 1 x Handful of parmesan cheese • 1 x Handful of your favorite cheese • A bunch of sage • Nutmeg • Olive oil • Salt and pepper
1. Bring your wood fired oven up to optimum temperature (approx. 450F
2. Prepare the pumpkin or squash by peeling, de-seeding and slicing it into thin slices.
3. Place the slices into a cast iron roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, crushed garlic and salt and pepper then place into your oven to roast for around 20 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Keep your oven door slightly ajar.
4. While the pumpkin or squash is roasting, put your pizza dough onto a floured pizza peel ready for topping.
5. Lay your favorite cheese straight onto the pizza dough. (Ricotta works great with this recipe!)
6. Layer on the roasted pumpkin/squash slices and sage leaves and finish everything off with a healthy glug of olive oil, salt and pepper, grated parmesan and grated nutmeg.
7. Bring your oven back up to optimum temperature by adding more wood to the fire. Perfect pizza cooking temperature is between 825-875 degree F. Insert your pizza into the oven.
8. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the crust has risen and the sage has crisped, turning the pizza regularly.
Comments will be approved before showing up.