Oranais, Puff Pastry Fruit Tarte
For Day 17 of Quarantine Cooking, we wanted to make something fast, easy, that could use what we had left over from yesterday and just as tasty as the Tarte Aux Fruit.
The Oranais are a puff pastry filled with Créme Patissiére and Apricots halves. We decided to replace the appricots by berries and mango we had on hand.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 250 ml of créme patissiére
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 mango
- 1 cup of napage or apricot preserve
Note: feel free to use any seasonal fruit you have on hand or even canned fruits.
- Heat your oven to 400 F
- Take a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper
- Cut the puff pastry sheet and cut it in four, to 4 even squares
- Place 2 table spoon of créme patissiére inside each square
- Place a few fruits over the créme patissiére
- Fold 2 of the opposite corners over to cover the fruit and so they overlap
- Brush some egg yolk over the puff pastry
- Bake for 10 to 15 minute or until golden brown
- Out of the oven, brush the napage of apricot preserve over the the bake dough and fruits
Luc and Antoine
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.