In the spirit of National Pizza Day on Feb. 9 we are sharing our well known yet unique Mushroom ans Créme Fraîche Pizza.
Yes the topping may seem unconventional but anyone who has attended one of class will tell you it is delicious.
The creaminess of the Créme Fraîche brings out the flavor of the mushrooms and the Parmesan and Gruère cheeses bring a delightful light saltiness to every bite.
Ingredients for a 12" pizza:
- 1 dough ball, about 250 gr or 9oz
See our blog post for Home Made Pizza Dough
- 2 cups of thinly sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 oz of Créme Fraîche
- 1 oz of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz of grated Gruyère cheese
1) Fire your wood fired oven to 700 F or 500 F for conventional oven
2) Stretch the dough to about 12" round
3) Spread the Créme Fraîche on the dough, leaving about 1" edge all around
4) Place the mushroom over the Créme Fraîche. Yes, it is a lot of mushroom, but it will cook down. So pile them on
5) Sprinkle the Parmesan and Gruyere cheese over the mushrooms
6) Bake for in the wood fired oven for 2,5 to 3 minutes or about 5 to 6 minutes the conventional oven
7) Take out of the oven an place on a grate for about a minute. This allow the steam can come out from the bottom of the pizza and the pizza can cool off a bit.
Comments will be approved before showing up.