Holiday Brown Butter Walnut with Citrus Bundt Cake
- 1 ½ cups walnuts (shelled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil light
- 1/4 cup brown butter or plain butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs large, (1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest grated
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato baked, mashed, (185 g)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
FOR DECORATION (optional)
- Confectioners sugar (as needed)
- Citrus zest
- Preheat oven to 300º-325F. Rinse and wipe the sweet potatoes dry. Prick the surface with a fork at few places.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and lay them on a baking sheet. Bake for 2 hours or more until a sharp knife passes through easily and it is cooked very soft - almost mushy.
- When the sweet potatoes are completely cooled, peel and mash them well and set aside.
- Grease a 10 inch round bundt cake pan and dust with flour all over. Set aside the prepared pan.
- Grind the shelled walnuts with the light olive oil in a food processor or a high speed blender until very smooth to get the walnut butter.
- To the walnut butter, add the brown butter and whisk it well. Add maple syrup, sugar, vanilla, salt and beat it until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and continue to beat. Stir the grated lemon zest into the mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and stir it in. Mix the mashed sweet potatoes into the cake batter gently. The mixture should be of a slow dropping consistency.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes until a cake tester or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake pan from the oven. Let it rest a few minutes and turn the bundt cake pan upside down to release the cake on to a serving platter.
- Let the Moist Maple Sweet Potato Walnut Butter Cake cool before serving. Dust with confectioners sugar and grated citrus zest.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.