Grilled Beef Tomahawk
The Wood Fired True Brick Oven like the 950 B is ideal for grilling unique piece of meat like the Beef Tomahawk.
The high temperature stored in the bricks of the oven's dome combined with the firewood embers will allow you to sear the meat on the outside while the meat rare at the center.
Grilled zucchini is ideal with such a flavorful cut of meat.
You will need:
- Beef Tomahawk 2 to 4 lbs
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Fresh pepper mill
- Fresh garlic
- Olive Oil
- Herbe de Provence
- Brick oven fired to 250 to 300 F
- Big bed of embers
- Remove the Beef Tomahawk from the fridge about 30 minutes to an hours
- Season on both side with fresh milled pepper corn, sea salt, crushed garlic, Herbs de Provence and generously drizzle with olive oil
- Fire the Brick oven to 250 to 300 F. Try to time it so you have a nice bed of embers
- Bank the embers to the side. Only keep a little bit of ember all around the grill so there is no ember directly under the grill
Place the Beef Tomahawk on the grill. Adjust the ember so as little as possible of the fat fall on the hot embers
- Rotate the Tomahawk on all 4 sides.
- The surrounding heat generated by the dome of the oven will continue searing the meat all around. So keep an eye on the meat to prevent burning it
- Cook to desired temperature Rare: 115 to 120°F. Medium-Rare:120 to 125°F. Medium: 130 to 135°F
Enjoy with grilled Zucchini, roasted Butternut Squash and a nice glass of red Bordeaux wine
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.