No Products in the Cart
As our client list is growing, we like to highlight each new, small business while they start their wood fired venture with our Four Grand Mere Ovens. Our customer, and chef Michael Rice has a moving story of his inspiration for starting his wood fired business.
An excerpt from his website:
Executive Chef, Michael Rice, has always had a passion for the art of cooking and the joy that is wonderful food. He began building his culinary skills at the young age of 8 years old in his Grandma’s kitchen. Growing up in an Italian family, Michael’s favorite childhood memories involve his family in that kitchen preparing meals, telling stories and hearing the sounds of laughter. The dinner table was a place you never wanted to miss!
In 2008, Michael and his wife relocated to Columbus, OH and he began a successful career with Cameron Mitchell Restaurants. Michael served as the Executive Chef at Cap City in Gahanna and was chosen to help build and subsequently open The Barn at Rocky Fork Creek as the Executive Chef in 2014.
After visiting a friend’s food truck in April of 2016, Michael was inspired to pursue his lifelong goal of starting a business all his own. Shortly thereafter, Fired Up Pizza was born. Nothing is more exciting to Michael than bringing people together over delicious food. And no surprise, his Italian heritage influenced the decision to choose wood-fired, craft pizza.
Michael plans to travel around the Columbus area with his wood-fired oven, catering events and special occasions for his customers. He will also take part in farmer’s markets and local festivals. Fired Up Pizza plans to have multiple mobile ovens and would like to open their own location within the next 5 years.
Outside of the kitchen, Michael enjoys listening to music, gardening, traveling, and most importantly spending time with family and friends. Michael believes you should always love what you do regardless of the risk you need to take to get there. He looks forward to sharing his love of delicious and creative food with you and your family.
"We started the business to come up with a creative alternative to the full service restaurant business. My wife and I have been wanting to start a business for quite some time so we could potentially work together, and do what we love. I have been an executive chef for 8 years and while love parts of the business, I have been wanting a change that would allow me to be more creative and flexible. My wife is in Human Resources at The Ohio State University. This has already brought joy, excitement, and purpose. We are very excited to see what we are able to accomplish! Thank you for a great oven! I look forward to our next, bigger one!” - Michael Rice
About his Trailer
- 5' by 8' black paint trailer with 2 double barn door, front and back, with locks and T handles. Storage under the oven platform, 45 sqft.
- Oven 1030 C,commercial oven 40"1/2 inner diameter. Includes the dome ( 3 pieces ), the floor ( 2 pieces ), bricked entry arch, cast iron door, insulated door, flue connector, flue connector with damper, bottom and top insulation.
- 4 x 7,000 lbs removable stabelizer / drop jacks.
- Electric brakes with run away brake systems and back-up battery.
- 5,000 lbs single torsion axle.
- Assembly of the wood fired oven on the trailer. Assembled with chimney connector and damper,
- 3' long chimney pipe and cap double wall stainless steel,
- Outside finished with choice of stucco color.
- Stainless shelf in front of the ovne 12" deep by 48" wide
- Paint color black
- Stucco Almond color
- Oven facing back
- Cliff Stone Montecito