Chestnut Flour and Walnut Cake
While doing my grocery shopping last week, I noticed that while regular all purpose flour was not available other great flours were available.
One of my favorite cake is made with chestnut flour. Here is a recipe to use this type of flour. Feel free to do 50% chestnut flour and 50% AP flour or 100% chestnut flour.
- 125 gr of butter at room temperature
- 100 gr all-purpose flour
- 100 gr chestnuts flour
- 100gr of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk, plus more if needed
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of whole nuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Beat together the egg and milk
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it.
- Using a whisk, combine the dry and liquid ingredients swiftly.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, add the soft butter and fold it in the batter. The batter should be slightly lumpy form the butter
- Butter or grease the mold
- Pour the batter into the molds
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fully cooked
Antoine and Zachary Cantarel
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.