Brick Oven Chili
by Nikki Culver on October 06, 2023
This Brick Oven Chili is an easy and delicious recipe to make in your wood-fired oven now that the weather is cooling off.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- Pumpkin Spice
- Dried Oregeno
- Tomato Paste
- Chopped Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Red Beans
- Black Beans
- Diced Jalapeños
- Diced Red Peppers
- Diced Red Onions
- Light Beer
- Heat oven to 400F
- Pre-Heat the Dutch Oven on the embers of the oven.
- Add the butter and the vegetables to sear, then add your spices.
- Place it back in the oven on the embers to sear everything for about five minutes.
- Once the vegetables are sautéed, stir them and add the meats, breaking it up to mix well with the vegetables.
- When it's well combined, place the Dutch Oven back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Now that the meat is nicely browned, add more salt and pepper, then mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (tomato paste, diced tomatoes and beans) then stir.
- Add the beer on top.
- Place back in the oven for about an hour, or until thickened.
- Serve in a bowl, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Watch us make it here: